Happy New Year.
May I wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2017.
The Festive Party season went very well at the Rugby Club with several memorable and enjoyable times. Many thanks to those of you who attended or helped to organise any part of the numerous events. And congratulations to Pete Sullivan on his marriage which filled the club on New Years Eve.
We kick off 2017 on the Rugby front with an important weekend for both Men’s and Ladies 1st XV’s. 1st XV v Sandbach at home on January 7th 2.15pm. Ladies v Bristol at home on Sunday the 8th 2pm.
Before this on Saturday 7th, this week !!!, there is a ‘CRY ‘ [Cardiac Risk in the Young] Charity match starting at 1pm at Cooke Fields. The Lichfield All Stars team play Alex’s Dragons which includes ex Wales Captain and British Lion Colin Charvis. Entry is free of charge for that match but there is a raffle with many really good prizes to be won so please spread the word about this amongst friends, family or around the City so this cause is well supported.
There will be a pre match meal as usual before the Sandbach match - £10 a head, gathering at 12.30 and eating at 1pm. Please contact Ian Bascombe on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place before Thursday evening if at all possible. Guests/friends can dine with you – just book them in with IanB.
On Sunday the Ladies have their top of the table clash at home to Bristol – 2pm kick off. Support for the Ladies is always welcomed and it is your chance to watch numerous International players from both sides before they embark on the Six Nations Internationals.
Dates for the new 2017 diary.
• Saturday January 21st a double header – Men v Syston and Ladies v Worcester,
• Burns Night Event – Friday January 27th . More information next week.
• Sunday February 5th – Staffs Under 16’s v Leics Under 16’s at Cooke Fields 2pm.
• VP Meal on March 25th before Towcestrians at home followed by Ladies v Richmond.
• April 1st – Old Players Event – preceding Longton at Home.
• April 22nd – Ladies Day – before last match of the season at home v Old Halesonians.
• April 29th – Staffordshire Cup Finals Day at Cooke Fields, Lichfield.
Barry Broad – Club President.
PS. If anyone knows the whereabouts of a tan Gilbert Rugby ball labelled ‘table reserved’ I would like it back please asap as it is needed this weekend. If you haven’t had your VP umbrella yet please see me on Saturday if possible.
|Home team||Score||Away team|
|Home team||v||Away team||KO|